Finding the shirt can be a daily challenge for men with well developed or muscular arms.
It has an impact on aspects of life from professional meetings to social events. If you have ever felt self conscious or uncomfortable wearing a shirt that doesn't fit well around your arms, rest assured that you are not alone.
In this guide we will explore practical solutions to assist you in finding the ideal muscle fit shirt from Oxcloth, alleviating any concerns about tight sleeves once and for all.
What Shirts to Wear for Big Arms?
When you have developed arm muscles it's important to choose the right shirts that complement your physique. There are three types to consider; button downs, polos and T-shirts.
- Button down Shirts; Look for styles that have a fit without being overly baggy. A bit of stretch in the fabric can make a difference in terms of comfort.
- Polos; These shirts strike a balance between casual and formal. Opt for ones with ribbed cuffs that offer some flexibility.
- T Shirts; Choose sleeves that hit around the mid bicep area and provide enough room without appearing too loose or billowy.
- Fabric Selection; Pay attention to materials, like cotton spandex blends or moisture wicking fabrics as they offer both stretchiness and comfort.
- Colour and Pattern Choices; If you aim for an elongated appearance that diverts attention from your arm size consider darker colours or vertical stripes.
How Should Sleeves Fit On The Arms?
When it comes to guys with arms finding the right sleeve fit is all about balancing muscle definition and comfort. The best sleeves should stop around the middle of the bicep to really show off those biceps and triceps without making the arms look too short or long. Much like our muscle fit short sleeve shirts.. In terms of shape the sleeves should be tailored to follow the curves of the arm without being too tight. A fitted sleeve will be snug enough to showcase those muscles but still allow for easy movement and good blood flow.
Sleeves that are overly tight can be uncomfortable. Might actually make your muscles look smaller by compressing them. On the hand if your sleeves are too loose they'll hide your muscle definition and make you look sloppy. Stretchy fabrics like a cotton spandex blend can give you a form fitting look without feeling too constricting.
To sum it up the perfect sleeve fit for guys, with arms is one that ends at the middle of the bicep and provides a snug yet comfortable fit. It should enhance your arms shape while allowing you to move freely.
Do Tight Sleeves Make Your Arms Look Bigger?
Tight sleeves can indeed make muscular arms look bigger by accentuating the biceps, triceps, and forearm muscles. When the material of the shirt closely follows the contours of the arm, the musculature becomes more visible, drawing attention to the arms and creating a perception of size and definition.
However, there's a fine line between sleeves that are form-fitting and those that are excessively tight. Sleeves that are too tight can be restrictive and may actually make your arms appear smaller by compressing the muscles.
The optimal sleeve length to make arms look bigger generally ends around the mid-bicep area. Sleeves that end at this point serve to draw attention to the biceps and triceps while allowing enough room for the muscles to "breathe," visually speaking.
This also balances well with the rest of the body proportions, preventing the arms from looking either too elongated or too stubby. To maximize the appearance of size, the sleeve fabric should be snug but not to the point where it restricts circulation or movement.
So, while tight sleeves can enhance the appearance of muscular arms, moderation and a keen eye for fit are key for achieving the most flattering look.
What If My Arms Are Too Big for a Suit?
Ah, the suit—the ultimate fashion staple for any man. But if your arms are more gym-fit than boardroom-ready, finding the perfect suit can be challenging. Here are some options:
- Tailored Suits: Consider investing in a bespoke suit that's customized to your measurements.
- Brands That Cater to You: Some brands, like Oxcloth, specialize in suits designed for men with bigger arms.
How Do You Make a Shirt Fit Your Arms?
Making a shirt fit your arms well involves a combination of proper tailoring and some DIY solutions. If you have muscular arms, you'll want a fit that's snug but not too tight, ideally ending at the mid-bicep.
- Measurement: The first step in tailoring is accurate measurement. Measure the widest parts of your biceps and triceps and provide these measurements to your tailor.
- Adjust Sleeve Width: The tailor will likely open up the existing seam and adjust the fabric to better fit the circumference of your arm.
- Alter Sleeve Length: If the sleeves are too long or short, these can also be adjusted to end at the mid-bicep for a flattering look.
- Final Fitting: Always try on the shirt after adjustments to ensure it fits as expected. Minor tweaks can still be made at this point.
- Pin and Mark: Put on the shirt and have someone help you pin the fabric along your arms where it needs to be taken in. Mark these adjustments with chalk.
- Sew: Using a sewing machine, sew along the chalk lines, gradually tapering for a snug fit without being too tight. Remember to leave enough seam allowance.
- Cut Excess Fabric: Trim the excess fabric leaving at least a half-inch from the new seam for durability.
- Finish: Use a zigzag stitch or serger to finish the seam edges to prevent fraying.
Best Shirts For Guys With Big Arms: Oxcloth
Here at Oxcloth we provide shirts that cater to men with a big arms and muscular build. Our unique design ethos emphasises creating clothes that fit and enhance the appearance of muscle.
No more bursting at the biceps or ripping at the elbows. Our shirts are made from luxurious stretch cotton that are perfect for guys with big arms.
The patterns for all our products are conducted through the sampling of hundreds of different athletically built men to ensure the absolute best muscle fit clothing on the market. We’ve done extensive research and no-one creates muscle fitting clothing like us.
Our Muscle Fit Shirts are the best dress shirts for bodybuilders and are forged from the everyday gripes of the athletic male, we struggled to find smart attire that fits our bodies the way we wanted them to.
We wanted to create a catalogue of fashionable clothing that's main function is to fit around your muscular body shape. Never again will you have to order an unnecessarily large shirt in order to fit your big chest and arms, leaving your midriff baggy and ill-fitted.